Computer Virus, Trojans, Worms and generally malware can severely harm your IT devices and consequently block your activities. Annual worldwide economic damages from malware represent billions of dollars. CacheGuard UTM embeds a Gateway Antivirus for an enhanced Security.
Traditional Antivirus & Gateway Antivirus
A traditional antivirus installed on a computer can block a malware as soon as it reaches that computer. This is the primary role of a traditional antivirus. One more benefit of a traditional antivirus is its ability to scan the local HDD of a computer in order to eradicate suspicious files that have already been installed on a computer. Having a locally installed antivirus is essential for the security of IT system but there are some drawbacks to limit your security to local antivirus:
- Even before reaching a PC, malware can be harmful.
- From only 70% to 95% of malware are detected by a particular antivirus technology.
In order to address those problems, the Gateway Antivirus coming with CacheGuard scans the Web traffic at the Gateway and instantly eradicates suspicious objects even before they can enter into your networks. In addition, with CacheGuard Antivirus you boost your security by adding a complementary antivirus layer to block malware slipping through your local antivirus.
In addition to Gateway Antivirus, CacheGuard UTM comes with a Firewall, a VPN server, a Web Proxy, a Reverse Proxy, a WAF, a URL Guard, a Traffic Shaper, a Web Cache, a Web Compressor, an SSL Mediator/Inspector and much more.
Powered by ClamAV
CacheGuard Antivirus is based on the very well-known ClamAV antivirus implemented as a Gateway Antivirus alongside with CacheGuard proxy. Because our primary concern is to provide the highest possible security level to our customers we have extended the ClamAV signature database with additional malware signatures that we gather from third parties for an enhanced Web Security. Our Extended Antivirus Signatures come as an optional service to CacheGuard Gateway Antivirus. You can find more information about our Extended Antivirus at Extended Antivirus service.
Also good to know about the CacheGuard Gateway Antivirus is that:
- CacheGuard Gateway Antivirus is free for up to 10 users and/or 5 simultaneous users in WAF mode (Reverse proxy + WAF + AV activated at the same time).
- CacheGuard Gateway Antivirus inspects objects more deeply than traditional antivirus, rejecting viruses, trojans, worms, ransomware and other malware that commonly enter your networks from the Web. CacheGuard Antivirus detects over 4,000,000 malware and its database signature is updated 48 times per day. You can find more information about CacheGuard Antivirus in our User’s Guide.
- CacheGuard Gateway Antivirus can be used as a service by your MTA (Mail Transfer Agent) to scan your emails and instantly block dangerous contents in emails and fishing attempts. In brief, fishing is a method used by cyber criminals and it’s generally represented by an email containing an HTML link with an interesting invitation to click on it. But that link is programmed to expose you to sever threats.